JOB TITLE: Technical Designer
To apply, fill out the form here.
Please indicate the specific position you are applying for in the desired position spot; if submitting a general application, please indicate it as such.
The Technical Designer assists in the design of products from concept through final production. This involves working closely with other designers and production managers to ensure standards of quality are met. This person must have an extensive knowledge of apparel construction, patternmaking, and fit. Ideal candidates should have an eye for design and a passion for fashion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create new tech packs with flats, specifications, and developmental details
- Maintain and consistently update a database of flats, specifications, fabric details, labels, logos, embroidery, prints, etc.
- Maintain and consistently update a seasonal database of samples and fit notes
- Make construction, aesthetic, and fit notes based on samples received within deadlines
- Ensure consistency in quality, fit, and budget from season to season
- Work alongside design and production operations to ensure efficiency in development process
- Keep a constant flow of communication
- Measure patterns and samples for accuracy
- Assist designers in creating detailed flats based on conceptual designs
- Play a lead role in ensuring design concepts and brand staples are incorporated into garments
- Experience in product development and/or technical design
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to allocate and organize data
- Understanding of development process
- Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop (WebPDM a plus)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Questions? Email careers@JRiley.com